For this project, Dynalectric L.A. helped implement the Gold Line light rail system to enhance mobility and improve quality of life for commuters in the Los Angeles/Pasadena area.
By leveraging value engineering, we recommended lighting options to stay within a fixed budget, and appropriate equipment to facilitate a fast-track schedule. We ordered long lead time items well in advance, facilitating timely delivery of equipment and materials.
We also prefabricated materials to help save time and increase on-site safety, and reduced the number of vendors required which streamlined assembly and wiring in the field.
Our careful planning enabled us to adhere to the client’s two-year construction schedule.
To ease traffic congestion in the Los Angeles/Pasadena corridor, the client needed electrical construction services for their light rail transit system.
Across multiple work sites, Dynalectric L.A. maintained a contingency equipment and labor pool to enable rapid deployment. Our general foreman or project manager also drove the length of the job daily to assess overall construction progress and anticipate needs.
Our solutions included:
- Modifying pole sizes and lamp types to provide the required lighting
- Implementing the latest in safety and security technology
- Installing interconnected controllers with vehicle and train detection sensors at intersections with stop indications for cross traffic instead of using railroad crossing gates
- Installing signalization including protected/permissive left-turn indicators, fiber optic and LED blank-out message signs, and graphic train signs
- Relocating, adding, and integrating closed-circuit television cameras for the City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation’s Automated Traffic Surveillance and Control system.