T-Rex I-25 Build, Denver, Colorado
Highway Construction Engineering Services
Colorado DOT / RTD - Denver
Southeast Corridor Constructors (Kiewit)
Parsons Transportation Group
Highway, Bridge & Light Rail Construction Project Description:
Highway reconstruct with Light Rail
- Add 19 miles of double-track light rail connecting to the existing system at Broadway in Denver and extending along the west side of I-25 to Lincoln Avenue in Douglas County and in the median of I-225 from I-25 to Parker Road in Aurora.
- Build 13 stations with Park-n-Rides at 12 of the stations.
- Construct a new light rail maintenance facility in Englewood.
- Add one through-lane in each direction from Logan Street to I-225 (for a total of four lanes each way)
- Add two through-lanes in each direction from I-225 to the C470/E470 interchange (for a total of five lanes each way)
- Reconstruct eight interchanges, including I-25/I-225.
- Reconstruct and widen numerous bridges.